- Why Become a Member?
- Ways to Participate
- Publications Included with Membership
- Types of Membership
- Membership Dues
- Membership Forms
- You acquire a network of colleagues across Alaska who share your interests and enthusiasm.
- You develop channels of communication and support through professional relationships made and renewed at workshops and conferences.
- You receive discounts on registration for workshops and conferences.
- You keep abreast of the latest developments in library materials, technology, and services to patrons.
- You have accesss to Membership Mailing Labels. AkLA members wanting to do a mass mailing to other AkLA members, including commercial and institutional members, can contact AkLA’s Executive Officer Mary Jennings for free membership mailing labels. These labels come pre-addressed and ready to place on your mailing container.
- Find us on Facebook.
- Join the mailing lists and participate in discussions.
- Support your local chapter and go to meetings and events.
- Attend the annual conference. Better yet volunteer or present a session at conference.
- Serve on committees, roundtables, or the executive board.
- Publish articles and announcements in Newspoke, the quarterly newsletter.
- Alaska Library Directory – annual comprehensive listing listing of every library in the state along with the names, titles, addresses and phone numbers and email address of over 400 colleagues.
- Newspoke – bimonthly newsletter on issues and events of statewide and regional interest.
- Personal – Persons employed in a library in Alaska. Personal Membership
- Associate – Volunteers, students, trustees, friends, retired persons and others not actively employed.
- Institutional – Libraries or agencies which have libraries.
- Commercial – Vendors or firms which support libraries.
Associate Member: Trustee, friend, unemployed or retired Alaskan Librarian
|Not based on salary||$30|
Library Member: Any person directly engaged in library work in Alaska
|$20,000 – $29,999||$45|
|$30,000 – $39,999||$60|
|$40,000 – $49,999||$75|
|$50,000 – $59,999||$90|
|$60,000 and over||$110|
Honorary Member: Person who has made important contributions to library service in Alaska
Institutional Membership: Libraries or research centers in or outside of Alaska
|$10,001 – $20,000||$50|
|$20,001 – $50,000||$85|
|$50,001 – $100,000||$150|
|$100,001 – $500,000||$275|
Commercial Member: Any commercial organization interested in library service
Please use the online form if possible, it saves us time and money.
- Online Membership Form
- Personal/Associate Membership Form [pdf 67kb]
- Institutional Membership Form [pdf 50kb]
- Commercial Membership Form [pdf 42kb]
Printed applications with payment should be mailed to:
Alaska Library Association
P.O. Box 81084
Fairbanks, AK 99708