About the Organization
- The Alaska Library Association provides leadership and advocacy for the educational and political concerns of the library community in Alaska.
- The Alaska Library Association encourages cooperation among libraries and related groups, safeguards intellectual freedom, and promotes access to information for all Alaskans.
Perceived Common Values
- The Alaska Library Association values the diversity of its members who represent all types of libraries.
- The Alaska Library Association values the importance members place on multi type library cooperation. This cohesiveness is a major strength of the Association.
- The Alaska Library Association values professional growth through continuing education.
- The Alaska Library Association values promotion and protection of libraries through the political process.
- The Alaska Library Association believes in the right of free access to all types of information and ideas for individuals and works to safeguard intellectual freedom that is essential to democracy and our system of government.